I recently took a trip to Puerto Vallarta MX for a little R&R. So much beauty all in one place! A few tips and things to share:
- Pay in pesos – it saves you lots of money to use cash or card so that you can take advantage of the exchange rate. Paying with USDs are the key to a great ripoff. We used a few $1s for tips only.
- BYO Sunscreen – unusually expensive there, and you will need it for all the outdoor activities
- A day trip to Las Caletas – an adventure you won’t forget! Snorkeling, ziplines into the ocean, hammocks galore…and all inclusive.
- Brush up on your Spanish – just by knowing a few phrases you can help yourself in situations where you otherwise would have issues. Like negotiating taxi prices or understanding menu items.
- Low season is the best season – yet again I am pleasantly surprised and happy that we planned this trip between high season and right before hurricane season…gorgeous weather and low crowds = success!
Here’s my playlist that I made for the trip, and some pics to highlight my favorite parts. With a direct 3.5hr flight from SFO, we’ll be back soon.